YAN'S BLOG

Look before you leap.

BLOG #2 AR application to multi-media teaching

AR education is the application of AR (augmented reality) technology in the field of education produced by the new form and content of education. The essence of AR education is still education, but because it is combined with AR, it has many new characteristics and new teaching and learning methods.

Photo from: https://images.app.goo.gl/FwCLHUjj7JhUcFBA6

Compared with traditional education, AR education has many incomparable characteristics and advantages:

3D intuitive teaching content and teaching method: because the content presented by AR is all 3D, it is very intuitive and vivid, which is helpful for students’ understanding and memory.

Interactivity and participation: when students use AR technology to learn, they are no longer learning by rote, but to experience the learning content, to participate in the teaching.

Gamification teaching: Many studies at home and abroad have proved that: in many learning situations, games are a fast and effective way of learning, which is very effective. The visualization and interactivity of AR can naturally design very attractive gamified teaching content, teaching through fun, so as to greatly enhance students’ willingness to learn and stimulate their interest in learning.

The following are the poster and brochure.
EDCI337 Canva-Poster
EDCI337 Canva- Brochure
EDCI337 Canva- Brochure

1. rahma 2021-05-30

Hi Yankong,

I enjoyed reading your post this week, i also discussed AR in future classroom setting in my post if you would to check. AR is an interesting topic and I believe it can definitely change the education system if it used properly. All that the types and characteristics that you discussed are good examples that can be integrated in the education system and be beneficial to students towards grasping knowledge learnt in classroom.

Best,
    Rahma

2. patrickg14 2021-05-31

Hi Yankong,

I found that browsing the blogs this week has been a pleasure for me. I have seen so many wonderful posters full of design and ideas. I strongly agree with your description of AR’s interactivity and participation in your blog. I also mentioned the benefits that AR can bring to education in my blog. If education is your future career industry, I hope you can apply it to your teaching! I really envy the id nowadays haha!

Jiawei

3. lukejr 2021-05-31

Another good post! I enjoyed your take on AR and seeing your work with Canva shows you have been busy. Well done.